Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Humans of LBCC

Jesus Sandovao

"I'm a visual communications major, and I'm specifying in web media design, so it's kind of a jack of all trades that lets me work with people who want to grow businesses; doing logos, graphic design, web pages. Anything on the internet designed for promotion. It's sort of a mix of things that I enjoy, am passionate about, and come easy to me. Everyone has a dream as a kid right? Mine was to work on comic books. Coincidentally, everything we're doing[in my program] ties into that; InDesign works to design the inside of a magazine or a newspaper. It's the same software people doing comics do. That's just a hobby of mine, obviously I want to do actual marketing, but the dream would be to sell comics of my own. It's all very similar, it's creative. I've always been creative."
Manga comics are really mainstream culture now, and even as I was growing up--I''m 24 now-- it was going through that transition. The earliest Mangas--stuff like I don't know if you've heard of Shonen Jump, Naurato Bleach-- stuff like this was published here in the US in like 2004, but it was written in the 80's. So yeah it was new as a kid, and you got made fun of for it. Once you have a passion, nobody is gonna stop you."
Lynda Alboro

"My major is Chemistry right now, but I want to change it to Math, because I want to be a teacher. When I was younger I didn't really have good science or math teachers, and I just figure giving kids a positive experience will go a long way."
Given your choice of career, do you think it's fair to say you value passion and purpose over money?
"I was just thinking about this actually. I wanna be a teacher, but money is always the issue. I think it's important to do things that you enjoy doing, and that money doesn't really matter. Money isn't everything. I come from this family where my parents combined work six jobs, so seeing other people or seeing how they treat their parents or spend their money s interesting for me, because I didn't have the opportunity to live that way. So really just don't take things for granted, and thank your parents. It just makes me work harder, so I'm able to thank them. I have two brothers, we all try our best in school and try to get scholarships and thank them."

No comments:

Post a Comment