Saturday, November 2, 2019

Week 4 Blog Forum (Late)

Potential Subjects for Environmental Portrait Shoot


1: Kevin Branigan
Kevin is the head coach at West Albany High School for Boys Soccer, and my boss. He also oversees several club teams from ages 8-14. Kevin's passion is undoubtedly soccer, and he is reaching what is undoubtedly the climax of his career. He has been coaching West Albany Soccer for 4 years, and had previously won only 8 games in that time. This year is different. His defense has kept 9 clean sheets in 14 games, they lost only two league encounters. For the first time in program history, West was up for a league title. This assignment represents an opportunity to document the grit and optimism that are characteristic of the current environment.
I would shoot this person before or after a practice at the soccer field, and plan to pose them with a ball or cones, some trapping of the trade. I'm an imagining an Ambassador-esque look. I will contact him by asking at work.

2: Abie Martinez
Abie works at his fathers pallet business, which has been the center of the family since they immigrated from Mexico. I believe these photos could have more value because they are of a family business, which has allowed the Martinez family to provide for their children and lives in a new country. I can take his picture at the pallet shop, potentially holding a pallet, nailgun, or both. I have Abie's number, I can contact him that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment